Sunday, 13 February 2011

Owl And The Pussycat Competition

SILENCE! THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE FORM AN ORDERLY QUEUE AND LEAVE VIA THE MERCHANDISE-STALL.

Hello. Long time no see. Come in. Sit down. Can I get you anything? How've you been?

Anyway, shut up and listen to me. I've made a zine comic of Edward Lear's 'The Owl And The Pussycat'. It features the famous nonsense poem accompanied by some of my doodles. So, if you've always wanted to see some inky drawings of a cat in a boat, or an owl dancing with an umbrella, or a pig playing a harp, this, my friend, is your lucky day.

Here, courtesy of Helen Power and her fancy-dan camera, are some pictures:




Oh, you want to buy a copy? Why, you can do so here for the modest price of £3 (plus 50p for postage). If you don't want to buy one, that's fine. No, really. It's fine. Go on. See if I care. Although, I should let you know that by way of 'creating a buzz', two of the people who order this ruddy thing within the first week will be randomly selected to also be sent a proverbial 'goody-bag', containing a cat t-shirt (printed by the good folks at DirectWorkwear; see the picture below), a large-ish cat-picture (lovingly rendered on a torn-off strip of beautiful industrial grade cardboard), and some other cat-themed bits 'n' bobs. So, essentially, BUY NOW.



If, for some crazy, unthinkable reason, you don't want to win, I'll simply re-do my random selecting and we shall speak no more about it.

1 comment:

  1. The list of stuff the winner will get is:

    WINNER NO. 1:

    - A large piece of cardboard with a drawing of a cat/some cats/something involving cats on it.

    - A t-shirt.

    - A copy of Albert Camus' 'The Fastidious Assassins' with a hand-drawn cover (the design of which will probably involve cats). I am aware this is a very strange 'prize'.

    - Another copy of The Owl & The Pussycat.

    WINNER NO. 2

    All the same stuff except for the Albert Camus book.

    ReplyDelete